2016 saw the introduction of a number of successful new models that have made a significant contribution towards the enduring popularity of the Yamaha motorcycle and scooter range. By offering an exciting and diverse line up of models, Yamaha has once again maintained its position as the leading brand within the European marketplace. For 2017 Yamaha will produce the limited edition YZF-R1M flagship track and race bike that will again be made available via online application. The YZF-R1M looks sure to appeal to those professional teams, racers and track day riders who want to experience genuine YZR-M1 derived MotoGP technology.
MotoGP technology for serious road and track riders and privateer racers
Inspired by the MotoGP winning YZR-M1 factory bikes raced by Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo, the latest edition of the limited edition YFZ-R1M is the most exclusive production motorcycle ever built by Yamaha.This high specification supersport bike makes cutting edge MotoGP derived technology available to private riders and teams, and gives racers and track day enthusiasts the chance to experience genuine factory superbike performance.
Less than 30 days to go before YZF-R1M online applications open!
Following huge demand for the highly successful 2015 and 2016 YZF-R1M models, potential customers will once again be asked to reserve their new 2017 YZF-R1M via the YZF-R1M online application process.Online applications will open on Tuesday October 11th 2016, and all potential new owners will be asked to complete a reservation form. As the YZF-R1M is an exclusive high performance track focussed bike, Yamaha's selection process is designed to ensure that the limited supply of the 2017 edition is made available to experienced riders, privateer racers and individual race teams.
2017 Yamaha Racing Experience (YRE)
As well as owning the closest thing to a factory bike that Yamaha have ever made available to track day riders and privateer racers, all purchasers of the 2017 Yamaha YZF-R1M will also be invited to join us at the Yamaha Racing Experience.These exclusive YRE 2-day long events will be run in summer 2017 at some of the most famous European race circuits, and are designed to enable YZF-R1M riders and teams to perform to their full potential.The busy programme will include machine set-up workshops and pre-ride briefings that are designed to help R1M customers to understand, use and benefit from the bike's advanced systems. Following the technical briefings, all riders will be able to exploit the R1M's sophisticated electronics during a number of on track sessions overseen by current and former racing stars.Throughout the day all riders will have access to Yamaha Racing experts to discuss any technical queries, and personnel from the tyre, suspension and race wear industries will also be on hand to advise.
YZF-R1M Key features
- ♦ Limited edition, Yamaha M1 inspired supersort and race bike
- ♦ Available only via online application from 11th October 2016
- ♦ Aimed at professional teams and experienced riders
- ♦ Öhlins Electronic Racing Suspension (ERS)
- ♦ M1 style carbon bodywork / 200kg wet-180kg dry
- ♦ CCU - Communication Control Unit with wireless remapping
- ♦ 6-axis IMU with Gyro/G sensors for 3D motion data
- ♦ Banking sensitive Traction Control (TCS) / Slide Control (SCS)
- ♦ Lift Control (LIF) / Launch Control (LCS)
- ♦ Banking sensitive ABS / Unified Brake System (UBS)
- ♦ 998cc, 200PS, CP4 crossplane, 4-cylinder engine - EU4 compliant
- ♦ Short wheelbase aluminium Deltabox frame
- ♦ Exclusive Yamaha Racing Experience for new YZF-R1M owners
- ♦ Silver Blue Carbon - with new graphics
- ♦ March 2017