Yamaha MT-07. Dark Attraction
The MT-07 is one of Yamaha's most successful motorcycles of all time, with over 90,000 new units purchased in just 4 years.
With its characterful and torquey crossplane engine, compact chassis, low weight and agile handling, the Yamaha MT-07 is one of the few motorcycles that appeals to all kinds of riders. Male and female owners of all ages and with varying levels of experience have come to love and appreciate the multi-faceted character of this best-selling Hyper Naked - and with a 35kW version also available, the MT-07 is extremely popular with riders who hold an A2 licence.
All new body design for 2018
The MT Hyper Naked models are subject to an on-going development programme, and for 2018 Yamaha's designers have created an all-new body for this best selling model that enhances its appearance and also gives an improved feeling of quality.
The new MT-07's more mature body design retains the fundamental character of the previous model, and blends it with new elements that have been inspired by the MT-09 - such as the bolder headlight that gives a more imposing face.
A newly designed fuel tank and MT-09 style 'air intakes' give a sharper image and reinforce the MT family look, while a new seat and separate black sidepanels accentuate the mass-forward design.
Improved riding position
For 2018 the MT-07 is equipped with a completely new seat design that gives an improved riding position for riders of all sizes. The front of the new seat now extends to the sides of the rear of the fuel tank, giving increased comfort - and the new shape also gives the 2018 model a more integrated profile.
Refined front and rear suspension
With 130mm travel at both the front and rear, the MT-07's suspension system is designed to give comfortable, progressive and predictable performance, making it ideal for a wide range of riding conditions.
For 2018 the front forks are equipped with revised settings that give a sportier character, while the rear suspension is fitted with a new rebound damping adjuster that enables riders to set their bike up to suit their riding style and usage.
CP2 crossplane engine with linear torque
One of the key features of the MT-07 is its CP2 crossplane engine that produces strong, linear torque, making it a joy to ride in a wide range of conditions.
The 2-cylinder engine's 270-degree crank gives the MT-07 a pulsating driving force that sets this value for money middleweight apart from other models, and this unique facet of the bike's character has helped to make the MT-07 the top selling motorcycle in its class.
MT-07 New for 2018 Features
- Completely new body design for enhanced appearance
- New style 'air intakes'
- Redesigned front headlight
- MT-09 style rear light
- Revised seat shape for improve riding position
- New sportier front fork settings
- Rear shock with rebound damping adjuster
- Night Fluo
- Yamaha Blue
- Tech Black
Availability: March 2018
MT-07 Technical Highlights
- 698cc, 74.8hp, 182kg
- Liquid-cooled, 689cc, inline, 2-cylinder, 4-stroke
- Crossplane philosophy design with 270-degree crank
- Deep and powerful linear torque output
- Outstanding fuel efficiency
- Built for optimum riding enjoyment
- Low dry weight of only 164kg
- Slim and compact tubular backbone frame
- Agile, manoeuvrable and easy to handle
- Mass-forward design with sculpted bodywork
- Lightweight 10-spoke cast aluminium wheels
- Digital instrumentation with full LED display
- Dual 282mm front discs with 4-pot caliper