Yamaha Niken in store now and ready for Test Ride!
Call the sales team on 0131 478 6661 option 3 to get booked in.
Yamaha NIKEN: Ride the Revolution
Featuring twin leaning front wheels that deliver an unrivalled corner carving experience, the Yamaha NIKEN is the world's first multi-wheel production motorcycle. Designed to open up new horizons for those forward-thinking riders who are looking for a whole new experience, the NIKEN is one of the most radical concepts to be seen within the world of motorcycling, and it embodies the start of a new era in machine control.
Sports bike performance with unique corner carving confidence
With the NIKEN, Yamaha introduces a whole new era in motorcycling - a riding revolution, offering a unique riding sensation that takes sport motorcycling into a new dimension.
Imagine the ability to carve through winding roads with unmatched confidence...a new feeling that could be compared to the thrilling experience when carving turns with skis. This revolutionary new kind of motorcycle feels, handles and looks like nothing else. At the same time as being different to a motorcycle, the NIKEN's handling characteristics are also reassuringly familiar to riders.
The advanced Yamaha-exclusive technology used in the double leaning front wheel layout offers high levels of traction - making it a strong performer in corners, giving the NIKEN rider the ability to carve through winding roads with unmatched confidence. And two front wheels means there are two front tyres, so the levels of traction and braking are also like nothing else on the road!
Equipped with advanced leaning multi-wheel technology that enables a deep lean angle of up to 45 degrees - and featuring a radical body design that emphasises its unique and modern style - the NIKEN is a completely new kind of motorcycle that delivers special feelings of front-end grip, confidence and braking.
Driven by a toque-rich, 847cc, 3-cylinder crossplane engine housed in a sophisticated hybrid frame - and equipped with sophisticated electronic control technologies that enhance overall control - the Yamaha NIKEN looks, feels and rides like no other motorcycle.
Prepare for change. Ride the Revolution.
NIKEN: The technology behind the revolution
- Totally new concept in the motorcycle industry
- Unique corner carving abilities
- Special feelings of front end grip, confidence and braking
- Radical design
- Advanced leaning multi-wheel technology
- Deep lean angle, maximum 45 degrees
- Ackerman steering with double upside down front forks
- Hybrid steel and cast aluminium frame with aluminium swingarm
- Approximately 50:50 front-rear weight distribution with rider
- 847cc, 3-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC CP3 engine
- Special fuel injection settings and optimised crank balance
- LED headlight and taillight
- YZF-R1 derived mirrors with integrated LED turn signals
- Dual 15-inch front wheels with 410 mm track; 17-inch rear wheel
- D-MODE with 3 engine running modes
- Cruise Control - operates above 50 km/h
- Traction Control System with 2 modes, and off mode
- A&S clutch for increased stability when downshifting
- Quick Shift System for smoother upshifts
- Compact instrument panel with LCD display
- Aluminium 18-litre fuel tank
- Fully adjustable rear suspension
- Dual 298-mm front disc brakes and 282-mm rear disc brake
- 12V DC power outlet
Contact the sales team on 0131 478 6661 option 3 to book your test ride.
For more information:
Yamaha has developed a range of high quality Genuine Accessories designed specifically for riders who wish make their new NIKEN their very own. With its torque-rich engine, unrivalled cornering abilities and sophisticated electronic control technologies, the NIKEN is ready to deliver an exhilarating riding experience, and Yamaha's range of sport-oriented accessories enable you to build a unique machine that suits your lifestyle.
The accessories range is constantly evolving, and currently includes everything from an Akrapovic system and sport seat through to a radiator protector, knuckle guards, titanium chain adjusters and more.